Have you ever accidentally tangled your thread into a knot, and growled in frustration as you end up having to cut and start again…? No need anymore: with this simple trick, it’s actually very easy to untie these awful little knots!
1. Whatever you do, STOP as soon as you notice the knot. Don’t pull (it would only tighten it further), and don’t stitch on (as it would pull on the knot):
2. Place the needle halfway through the loop of the knot:
3. Gently pull the needle away from the last stitch done (this will reduce the loop), and stop when the loop is snug around the needle:
4. Remove the needle from knot:
5. Gently untie the knot by pulling the thread of both sides of the knot at the same time:
And there you have it 🙂 !
If you found this tip helpful, feel free to share it!
A few design ideas you may like, for which this method works really well: